In last week’s post, we were discussing how to best connect with your introverted clients. This week, we will be talking about how to connect with those hard to forget extroverts.
Understanding your clients and what makes them “tick,” will make all the difference when it comes to owner compliance.
We can spend all the time we want creating new programs to get clients to bring in their cats or commit to better dental health for their dogs, but until WE take the time to CONNECT with our clients, these types of “programs” will not be successful!
Connecting with your clients is not difficult and is as simple as asking yourself two questions about each of them.
Question 1- Are they extroverted or introverted?
- High D and High I are extroverted
- High S and High C are introverted
Question 2- Are they people or task oriented?
- High I and High S are people oriented
- High D and High C are task oriented
What do these extroverts need from you?
- They are looking for RESULTS
- Stay business like
- Be brief and to the point
- Be confident, don’t be intimidated
- Give them alternatives
- Let them believe they came up with the answers/solution when possible
- They are looking for the EXPERIENCE
- Be friendly
- Allow them to talk
- Don’t overwhelm them with too many details
- Slow down and take your time
- Follow-up often
- Give them recognition (if they are doing a great job caring for their pet-let them know)
If you truly want to increase owner compliance then this is by far the best way to do it!
I challenge you to try this for the next 60 days and see what happens.
I bet you will be amazed in the difference you see with your clients. Heck, you might even find that some of those difficult clients are not quite as difficult to deal with now that you have a better understanding of what makes them tick!
Are you up for the 60-day challenge? Please let us know right here and right now-we would love to hear what you think!